From Good to Great Team Mastery
“A Re Chencheng”
We had 8 objectives for the BCL team-building programme in Selebi-Phikwe Botswana:
- To raise awareness and understanding of the “team” concept and success factors for improved team and business effectiveness.
- To deal and overcome obstacles imposed by change through practical and mental challenges.
- To improve team effectiveness through individual awareness, involvement, skills and behaviour change.
- To understand how teams function and the elements of successful and not so successful teams.
- To experience teams in action and identify strengths and development areas in the team.
- To equip team members with the skills, tools and techniques to be effective team players within their own teams and also in the wider organisation.
- To discuss and agree processes and actions to achieve significant improvements in team effectiveness.
- Use the acquired tools and techniques to drive “A Re Chencheng”
We also covered the roles and responsibilities of everyone in the team, i.e.:
- Review team charter and propose changes
- Establish effective business and/or implementation plans
- Be a resource for other team members
- Assist team leader in organising/presenting material
- Identify barriers to success and how to overcome them
- Actively participate in all team activities
- Actively work on team goals with other team members and independently
- Be able to meet commitments to the team
- Seek input from appropriate technical resources as required
- Say what you really think, not what you think people want to hear